Living Earth is one of the country’s largest producers of sustainable landscaping products, including mulch, compost and soils. Our products are manufactured from recycled green waste materials – notably tree limbs, brush, leaves and grass clippings – and sold through a unique, closed-loop business model; with 34 locations across 4 major markets (Dallas, Houston, Nashville, Knoxville).
Living Earth has built a strong, sustainable competitive advantage in the markets it serves through a network of convenient locations, unmatched delivery capabilities and quality specialty products. Our customers also benefit from lower total disposal costs and the satisfaction they are doing their part to improve the environment. We are a growing operation founded in 1985 and our team is currently expanding operations in the Tennessee
Living Earth currently has an exciting opportunity for a full-time professional Heavy Equipment Mechanic based out of our Solway (Knoxville, TN) location Monday through Friday, with periodic times on Saturday or as required; maintaining our small fleet of trucks and heavy equipment. We are seeking career-minded individuals looking for a long-term opportunity to strive in our green, recyclable industry.
The Mechanic will be tasked with ensuring functionality and reliability of machines, engines, mechanical, hydraulics, electrical systems et.al. and responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preventive Maintenance (PM), Repair, Overhaul (MRO) machines and components according to manufacturer requirements and best practices.
- Inspect and troubleshoot various fixed and mobile assets, machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Working toward the reduction and elimination of unplanned maintenance events (breakdowns), increasing reliability and mean-time between failures.
- Provide consultation on corrective maintenance actions / preventative measures to equipment and vehicle operators.
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles, fixed asset / plant repairs etc.).
- Maintain paper and electronic logs of work and reports on issues.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
- Proven experience as Professional Mechanic. Valid certification (e.g. ASE) is
- Excellent knowledge of heavy equipment (FELs, Excavators et.al.) machinery, hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components.
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instructions,
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment and MS office products.
- Good communication skills with team members and management.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- A self-starter, someone who is comfortable working autonomously and as a team.
- High school diploma is required; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus.
- Salary is commensurate depending on education and experience; the position will be non-exempt (hourly rate plus Overtime).
- Living Earth offers a competitive array of benefits including vacation and holiday time, medical, dental, 401K and a bonus plan.
- Living Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.